Friday, July 21, 2017

Sometimes Life Just Stinks

photo credit


 A few years ago after we lost Lydia, I committed to living a more fully transparent life. But this is just so hard to write. I've started it a million times in my head and it doesn't get any easier. So I'm just going to come out and say it. It's completely unexpected. It's shocking. It sucks.

I have cancer.


I'm a 34-year-old women in good shape who has never smoke or drank in my life. I have a cancer that is predominently diagnosed in middle aged men who smoke, drink and are obese. I have a cancer that accounts for less than 2% of all cancers. Sure the margins were clear so they got the whole tumor.  But this kind of cancer is known for coming back with a vengeance. This kind of cancer is hard to treat if it metasticizes. It's chemotherapy resistant.

And I am left not knowing exactly what to think or feel right now. 


Sometimes life just stinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment