Monday, May 23, 2016

22 Weeks

I'm now 22 weeks and 2 days. I had my appointment last week with Dr. M and it wasn't good. My cervix shortened even more. He really freaked me out talking about the risks of preterm labor and a short cervix. I'm still on meds to stop the contractions and now I'm on modified bedrest - which is really hard having 3 kids to take care of! But my girls are a huge help with Emmett. Emmett still doesn't like that I have to be in bed so much, but we have discovered he will sit for about 20 minutes snuggling with me if I turn on "Mater" (from Disney's Cars). Its not ideal of course, but it works for now. I'm really fortunate to have my sister-in-law so close by too. She's been helping watch the kids when I go to appointments - which I think will probably be every week from here until delivery - whenever that may be. Right now we are hoping to make it to 24 weeks - the magic week of viability.

22 weeks (and I still have a dirty mirror!) 


Our home teacher came over last night and helped Jorge give me a blessing. I really feel at peace knowing everything will be fine with the baby, but I don't know if that means he will be born early or not. As my Dr said, there is no predictable pattern with preterm labor. And just because it's worked out in the past, doesn't mean it will this time. I'm just trying to have faith that its all in Heavenly Father's hands and not matter how it turns out, it will be ok.

So even thought I have to rest a lot, I'm trying to keep busy. I've decided to start a project I've been putting off for lack of time. I felt at the beginning of the year that I really want/need to focus more on getting to know the character of Jesus Christ. I started reading Jesus the Christ by James E Talmadge.  I want to put together a book complete with photos about the life and character of Christ for my kids as a Christmas present. Maybe it seems a little cheesy, but I really want them to know my testimony about Christ, who He is and His goodness towards all mankind. Hopefully it all comes together! I might share bits of inspiration I discover along the way. Now I'm off to rest some more while my kids watch too much TV. Oi! This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment