Saturday, May 14, 2016

21 weeks and the drama begins...

Today I hit 21 weeks! I'm feeling this little boy kicking more and more. I'm also gaining more and more weight. This pregnancy has been hands down different than my previous pregnancies - in a great way! Yes, I was still diagnosed with Hyperemesis, but the medications have made all the difference. (I talked in depth about them in this post.) I am grateful for the meds! But I have to admit it is messing with my mind a little bit. I usually lose over 10% of my body weight in the first trimester. And by this point, I am usually still struggling to gain back all the weight I lost. Then I go on to only gain a little bit - like 12 lbs with Amelia, 17lbs with Charlotte and 24lbs with Emmett. But this time around I have gained 17 lbs and the scale will continue to climb, I am sure. I know this is completely normal. I know its healthy - especially since I started this pregnancy the lowest I have ever weighed and the healthiest I have ever been. But having lost 60 lbs after I gave birth to Emmett, there is a certain amount of anxiety everytime I step on that scale. Ugh. I know, I'm being dramatic. But its my reality. Below are before & after photos:



On to other news...

I have had preterm labor/short cervix issues in all of my previous pregnancies (that resulted in a take-home baby). I knew the day was coming. But since this pregnancy had been so different, I think I allowed myself a bit of a false sense of security. I had been cramping a little bit starting around 19 or so weeks, but once I hit 20 weeks the cramping really ramped up. And so I went to my appointment with Dr. M. this week and my cervix has shortened. I'm having actual contractions (versus Braxton Hicks) that are changing my cervix. I was put on meds to stop the contractions and told to "take it easy". I go back next week to see how my cervix is and hopefully it has stabilized. I knew this was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment