Saturday, April 30, 2016

19 weeks and gender announcement

I can't believe it has been a month since my last super anxious post. Baby is looking great! We even found out the gender... It's a BOY!  We are so excited! Part of the reason we wanted to have another baby was that I just had this overwhelming spiritual impression that Emmett needed a brother. And there you go! You will never go wrong when following promptings you get from Heavenly Father. So far so good!

Morning sickness still rears its ugly head every now and then. The past few days have been terrible. I think the crazy bad heartburn I had with Emmett is kicking in which just makes me feel terrible every night. I'm still on all my anti-nausea/anti-vomiting meds. I tried to go off them last week. That was the worst idea. Lets just say my hubby was begging me to take them again.

We have been quite busy recently. My kids went off track this week (we have year-round school) and now it's "birthday season". We have one birthday every month starting March-August. But we skip July and this baby is due in September, so we'll see how that turns out. ;)

Amelia is now 6! She is such a big girl. We love her so much! She is spunky and determined, quiet and sensitive, curious and sneaky, and she has an amazingly beautiful and "old" soul. She accomplishes whatever she wants. (This was the girl who cut ALL her hair off when I was pregnant with Emmett because she wanted to look like Daddy!! I'll have to dig out those photos. Good times...)
She can ride her bike without training wheels. She is playing soccer and learning to read. She is a great helper with her little brother. (Almost too much sometimes...) She loves to help me cook and calls herself my sous chef. (Thanks to the movie Ratatouille for the vocab lesson!) And she's almost at the end of Kindergarten. I can't believe my sweet baby girl is growing up so fast.

Amelia's 6th Birthday! We had a "spa party". All the little girls had their nails painted and makeup done.

We have lots of fun adventures planned for while my kids are off track and before my pregnancy gets crazy and I end up hospitalized to on bedrest or both. I know, think positively, right? It may not happen, right? Every pregnancy is different, right? Well, I asked Dr M. and he said while all of that IS true, I seem to follow a pattern, so just be prepared. Oh boy. I've felt for the past few weeks that this is the calm before the storm. I pray every night that nothing happens. And while I do feel an assurance that Heavenly Father is watching over us and everything will turn out ok in the end, it's the unknown middle parts that turn on my anxiety. And I don't even have running right now to control it. So, to cope, admittedly I've been watching lots of Downton Abby. Sometimes its nice to think about other people's drama instead of your own. Especially if it is early twentieth century historical fiction/soap opera. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment