Monday, March 14, 2016

Lydia's 3rd Angel Birthday

It's hard to believe that we lost Lydia 3 years ago (yesterday). So many amazing things have happened in the past 3 years.  I am convinced it is a direct result of her loss and the surrounding events and healing that took place in our lives during the aftermath. We miss her and all of our other babies, oh so much! But we are a forever family. We know that we will get to see our babies again. I'm so grateful for my knowledge of God's plan for me and my family. I am grateful for my Savior and His Atonement and grace that allows us to be healed and to become whole and to be together in our forever with Him.

We celebrated this year with this beautiful cake I found at Safeway. I knew we couldn't eat it all, but I loved the symbolism of the butterflies. Right after we lost Lydia a dear friend sent me a necklace that is fashioned from a butterfly wing. She reminded me that butterflies are a symbol of resurrection, hope, joy, and new beginnings. And so when I saw this cake, I knew it was perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment