Friday, October 5, 2012

5 Minute Fridays: When I Grow Up

comic via


I wanted to be lots of thing when I was a little kid. I wanted to be a nurse until I ended up in the hospital for months and changed my mind (another post for another day). I wanted to be a nun until my mom told me we were't Catholic so I couldn't be. Then I wanted to be a supermodel until a little boy in my 3rd grade class told me I wasn't skinny enough.

For a while in high school I wanted to be an actress. Freshman year of college I wanted to be a journalist. I actually changed majors 5 times in college - I almost became a social worker. Eventually I did become a teacher. Then a Mom. And now a small business owner who designs stationery and accessories! If you would've told me when I was little this is what I'd be doing I would've laughed.

Funny how life has a way of surprising us. What did you want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment