Friday, September 28, 2012

5 Minute Fridays: In Real Life

It's so interesting the perception people get of others when they are "on the outside". For instance, I had a friend who had read a biography of a particular individual and her reasoning behind encouraging me to read the book was, "He is such a good man!" This was an interesting comment to me. She didn't know this man. How could she know his character? Especially based off a book he wrote about himself?

I think the biggest compliment someone ever gave me was that I am reliable, predictable and consistent.  At the time it wasn't meant to be a compliment (my boyfriend in college was breaking up with me!), but over the years it has been what has stuck with me. I think it is probably one of my most defining attributes. Maybe it makes me boring like the college boyfriend thought. Or maybe it makes me unique in this world of chaos. Regardless, it's worked for me so far! In fact, my husband says it is what he likes most about me. He knew what he was getting when he married me and I haven't disappointed him yet. That's got to count for something, right?

So, to everyone out there who reads this blog, (there are a few of you, aren't there?) THIS IS ME - in real life. Come along for the ride and you'll get to know me. Afterall, I am pretty predictable.


No comments:

Post a Comment