Friday, September 14, 2012

5 Minute Fridays: 100 posts and Applesauce



This is the 100th post on our blog! I really can't believe it! I was putting it off trying to think of something ah-ma-zing to write about or a fancy tutorial to teach you. But my family was in town this past week and I have just been too busy! So instead this post is about applesauce.

Not just any applesauce! Applesauce that is so delicious and home made. When my family was visiting we went to this cute little family owned farm here in Northern California called Denver Dan's Apple Patch that has a u-pick orchard. Only a few varieties were ready this early, but at only $1/lb. we loaded up! When we got to the register we realized we had 22 lbs of apples. Oh my!

I knew my little family of 4 would never be able to eat that many apples before they went bad, so I enlisted the help of my good friend Jennie to help me do some canning. It was awesome! I have to admit since I'd never tried it before, she did most of the work, but it was a great experience and I'm so proud of these 8 little pints of applesauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment