Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July is National Ice Cream Month

photo via Elana's Pantry

My father is a lover of all things sweet, but especially ice cream. I remember growing up we always had ice cream in the house. We joke that we may not have had milk, but it was ok because we could always melt down the ice cream from the freezer! Have you ever had a scoop of ice cream over plain oatmeal? It delish! I definitely got my love of treats from my father.

Did you know July is national Ice Cream Month? Seriously! In July of 1984, President Ronald Reagan officially declared it so. (You can see the proclamation here!) So, in honor of this very special occasion, I have recipes!

> Make your own ice cream in a bag from Recipes We Love.
> Make Ice Cream cupcakes with a recipe from Couture Cupcakes.
> Make Banana Split Mini Bites with a recipe from Bakers Royale.
> Gluten Free Peach Almond Ice Cream from Elana's Pantry
> Check out this awesome Ice Cream Party Theme (with free printables!) from Eat Drink Chic

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment