Friday, July 13, 2012

Blogging is a Work in Progress

photo via

I'm a DIY girl through and through. But, I am also a master at following good examples. No, I don't mean stealing. I have my own great ideas, but I just need a little guidance. Let's be honest, with this blog, I really have no clue what I'm doing most of the time! But I try to use my resources.

When I was thinking about doing a blog re-design, I knew I wanted my blog to be simple and elegant, but charming and unique. Not only did I want to update the design, but I wanted to update everything. The content, the style, the features, my posts and my photos. I needed tips about what to write about, what not to write about, layout tips, photography tips. I scoured examples of beautiful blogs with useful and creative information. That is when I found Little Pink Strawberries.

Little Pink Strawberries is written by Noor. She's a southern gal now living in Saudi Arabia with her family. Hers is a lifestyle blog that offers awesome insights into blog design elements for DIY-ers. She  has a section entitled "lovely topics" which offers 55 blog tips. Most of her tips have step by step instructions on how to install different widgets, elements, etc. to your blog. She is seriously awesome!

The Sits Girls is another awesome resource. I actually was introduced to this blog by Heather over at The Vintage Sheet Blog. We're on the same team over in Etsy-land and she featured one of my designs on her blog for Mother's Day and we exchanged a few emails. Knowing I was a new blogger she gave me a bit of advice about my header and gave me a link to some of their literature about blogging. I'm grateful to have such talented bloggers out there who are willing to help build up blogging newbies and share their awesome ideas and skills!

So basically, besides sharing with ya'll some of my resources, I just wanted to say, please excuse the mess over the next couple of months. We're a work in progress!

Happy Friday the 13th!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention and I am glad it helped you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blog and the awesome tips!! It's so great to have those who've gone before help us newbies navigate the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete