Friday, July 27, 2012

5 Minute Fridays: Five Years Ago

I was looking for some new blogging ideas and I came across the Tales from a Gypsy Mama . Lisa-Jo is a Mom-blogger who believes that "Motherhood should come with its own superhero cape." She also believes in the everyday extraordinary. Her blog really is a great read!

My favorite part of her blog is 5 Minute Fridays. Every Friday she has "5 Minute Friday" on her blog. She encourages other bloggers to write for 5 minutes from the topic that she posts and then link up their posts to her site. I love that idea! But since I'm getting to the train a little late (she's been doing this for over a year) and she has some pretty great topics I'd like to cover, I'm going to do the 5 Minute Friday a little differently. I'm going to creatively explore through her list of topics and use those as my inspiration for posts. I think this will be an awesome exercise to help me with my blog writer's block. It will also give me some consistency with my posting.

Todays topic: Five Years Ago
January 12, 2007 - Our Wedding Day! 

Five years ago, we were newlyweds. We were so excited about the possibilities life had to offer.  Our eyes had barely begun opening to the life that would be ours. We were innocent to both the tragedy and miracles that would take place in our lives. This life that is so far from the one we imagined for ourselves. Yet so much better. So much more love. So much more hope. So much more understanding of God's timing in our lives. Five years ago we began our journey as partners in life and eternity.

Five years. I'm always amazed to think we are still traveling the road we began then - the one we never knew we would have to travel. With 3 miscarriages, we've certainly had our share of sorrow. But with 2 beautiful daughters, we've also had more than our share of joy.

We're grateful for life's challenges because they make us more refined. They help smooth out the rough edges of our character. They teach us to be charitable and compassionate. They teach us to cling to the faith in which we are guiding our children. They teach us to love each other and our God. These past five years have been good to us.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 5 years! You two are a great couple, and your girls are so darling! Hope you get to do something nice to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candace! I think I confused everyone though. Our anniversary was back in January! But I really appreciate your kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete