Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Am Enough, Part 2

photo via 

Since I wrote the I Am Enough post, I have been doing some more thinking. My mom (shout out to her - Love you Mom!) sent me a comment about the post. She only said, "We all are enough!" And so I wanted to add a Part 2 to my post - an addendum, if you will.

I think I need to clarify my story about the "cute girl" on the treadmill next to me a bit. I was not in any way trying to say that she was the reason I was feeling insecure. There is nothing wrong with her! I am the reason I feel insecure. I am the one with the issues and I am responsible for how I feel. I was just trying to illustrate some of my insecurities in sharing that story. She was what I consider "cute" or what I would like to look like. (Basically the complete opposite of how I do look). But we are all imperfect. We all have things we don't like about ourselves. and conversely, things we love about ourselves. She is enough just as I am enough. We ALL are enough.

Just wanted to clarify...

No comments:

Post a Comment