Monday, June 11, 2012

Caught Red-handed

This past week I was cleaning the bathroom and I realized it was too quiet. For any of you out there who have ever watched a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old, you know this is NOT a good sign. One of my kids' favorite games is hide and seek. They love finding all the "secret" places they can hide. I will often find them playing hide and seek together. I though maybe (cross my fingers!) that this was what they were doing.

No such luck.

I looked in all the bedrooms and I didn't see the kids. I looked in the hallway closet and they weren't there either. I was starting to get a little worried until I found my oldest sitting on the couch looking at a book. But where was my 2-year-old?

Then I heard her say, barely audible, "This is delicious!" I realized where she was.

In the pantry!

She had found the peanut butter (thank goodness none of us are allergic!) and was scooping handfuls into her mouth - with the door completely closed. It was all I could do not to laugh! Needless to say, we'll be putting a child lock on that door from now on!

What sort of adventures have you had while watching kids? We'd love to hear!


No comments:

Post a Comment