Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Awesome Mother's Day

I know this post is a week after Mother’s Day, but I didn’t want to forget to share it. Mother’s Day can be bittersweet for me. I have 2 awesome girls, but I’ve also had 3 miscarriages (2 of which occurred within a few weeks of Mother’s Day). But this year was truly so great. My kids are pretty much the coolest kids ever, and I am so blessed to be their mother!


I woke up to breakfast in bed (Again, I tell you, my husband is the BEST!). It was fun for all of us since my girls loved lying in bed with me and helping to eat my breakfast. Then my hubby presented me with a cute card from the girls and a beautiful necklace from Rose and Raven on Etsy. I don’t usually wear much jewelry, but this was such a sweet and thoughtful gift. The charm is the “tree of life” which has significant meaning to our family spiritually. It was a beautiful gift on a beautiful day, which ultimately is a celebration of family.



Later that morning I went to church, wearing my beautiful new necklace, and had an awesome surprise.  Our Relief Society (the Church's women’s organization) had a buffet brunch with muffins and crepes and juice. It was so delicious and so nice for the men to take over teaching Sunday school for the little children so all of the women in our congregation could participate.

After church, the hubby watched the kids and I got a nice Sunday nap. We ended the evening Skyping with my parents. We don’t see them in person often since they live clear across the country from us, so it was nice to catch up with them. The girls are always so amazed we can see grandma and grandpa through the computer. It was a treat for all of us.

I hope that all of your Mother’s Day events were wonderful whether you are now a mother, hope to be a mother or have a mother heart.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment