Thursday, May 17, 2012

Joy Cometh in the Morning

photo via

The other day I was reading Jones Design Company, one of my favorite blogs, and she really hit the nail on the head. She was describing feeling weary. I know I have been feeling super run down and exhausted and just at my wits end, but weary is the more perfect word to describe how I feel. I feel like I've really hit rock bottom  in regards to my ability to feel successful.  I just feel so terrible and deficient at everything. I can't seem to find my groove with my design work. My almost 4-year-old is really giving me a run for my money. I've also had some other personal setbacks recently. It's just all so frustrating! But then I read her blog post. It was exactly what I needed to be reminded of.

The author talks of how we can find peace with things that are out of our control. She uses prayer as a way of finding peace. As I've mentioned before, I'm a religious person, so prayer is a huge part of the the way I find peace as well. But, regardless of your religion or creed, I think this statement holds true. We can find peace, especially with the things that we feel like are "unfixable". It's not easy, but trust me, I have a lot of those "unfixable" things in my life right now! I have found that, as the author says, I can have peace. I have felt peace, and I can continue to feel peace even on the days I feel weary. One of my favorite reminders is Palms 30:5, "Weeping may endure for the night, but joy cometh in the morning". No matter the depth of your sorrows or the length of your weeping and weariness, morning will come and joy will be there! And it was really nice to be reminded of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment