Friday, May 25, 2012

It's Another Birthday!

I love the spring. Mostly because my husband and both my daughters are spring babies. It's such a wonderful time planning parties and celebrating the people I love most. Speaking of one of the people I love most...

C's first photo - 1 hour old

My beautiful daughter C turned 4 today! I can't believe I have a 4-year-old! Here are 15 wonderful and interesting things about my sweet girl:

1. She was born at 36 weeks and 4 days after I spent 9 weeks on bed rest for pre-term labor. She weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz and was 19 inches long.
2. She crawled at 5 months but didn't walk until almost 14 months.
3. Her first word was "no" and her second was "mama". She's been speaking in full coherent sentences since about 15 months.
4. She has always been small for her age, but what she lacks in size she makes up for in personality!
5. She refused to potty train until about 6 months ago. (When she's a teenager, she'll kill me for revealing that!)
6. She loves her little sister. She tells me they are best friends. :)
7. She has a fabulously contagious laugh, but an equally contagious grumpy face.
8. She loves meeting new people, but is still a little shy at heart.
9. She has her own language. For example, she calls ponytails "piggies" and tells me how many "piggies" she wants for the day.
1 piggie = ponytail
2 piggies = pigtails
braid piggies = 2 french braids
"pretty church hair" = hair half up with a flower clip
10. She loves being read to.
11. She loves the show My Little Pony.
12. Her favorite drink is warm water with honey and lemon. (Daddy gave that to her this past winter when she was really sick. She asks for it almost every day now.)
13. Daddy is definitely her favorite parent, but she always picks me to help her say her prayers at night. :)
14. Her favorite color is purple.
15. She is so excited to start preschool in the fall so she can "learn her letters and numbers".

C at age 4

We really are so blessed to have her in our lives! My pregnancy was so difficult with her that we literally feel like we prayed her here. We thank God every day for answering our prayers because what a wonderful part of our family she is!

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!


No comments:

Post a Comment