Thursday, April 19, 2012

Guest Blogger: Francesca from The Hand That Rocks the Cradle



"We" Time


I have the opposite problem of dear Emma, who shared on my blog her goal to find more "me" time. I do plenty of things for me: exercise, craft, blog, run an Etsy shop, and much more. My problem is not focusing on my son. He competes with a million things for my attention. And when I do give it to him, I rush to get back to my activities.

It didn't used to be that way. When he was first born, every minute with him was special and documented--and exhausting and new. The whole day revolved around him. Then the novelty of motherhood slowly wore off as I realized how demanding it is and how unselfish I have to be. Don't get me wrong; I love being a stay-at-home mom and would not trade it for anything. I just need to work on balancing my life. My goal is to have more "we" time and less "me" time by following these guidelines:

1. Organize the day better. Making a schedule and a to-do list will help me stay off the computer.

2. Set a time limit on the computer. This could mean a specific length of time (1 hour), time range (1-2 p.m.), number of times (2 a day), bedtime (8 p.m. computer is off), or a combination (1 hour, twice a day, no later than 5 p.m.). This will help me spend more time with the hubby too.

3. Use computer time wisely. For example, instead of browsing Etsy, I could get ahead on blogging, freeing up more time with my son.

4. Be in the moment. I play with my son but I'm usually distracted. Being in the moment will show him that I love him and want to be with him.

5. Remember that pleasing my family comes first. If I lose readers from not blogging consistently, so what? My family's happiness and approval is what matters most.



About our Guest: Francesca is a mom-blogger over at The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, she owns and runs The Shop at Pooh Corner on Etsy. Her shop carries awesome stuff including vintage books and toys, classic Winnie the Pooh items, gift tags and other supplies. (See a couple of her products below). Make sure you check our her blog and shop!! 

Vintage Owl: 1970s Ceramic Owl Figurine in Brown & Orange


Classic Pooh Gift Tags: 8 Blue & Yellow Scalloped Tags Stamped with Classic Pooh Characters

1 comment: