Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sun-Earth Day Inspiration Board

Today is International Earth Day. Or as NASA calls it, Sun-Earth Day. You can visit NASA's website here to learn all about it. Upon hearing today was International Earth Day, I was reminded me of a fun little story I want to share. And then to the inspiration board.

Ever since I was dating my husband, his nickname for me has been "Sunshine". He told me that I reminded him of the well known song You Are My Sunshine. He says it is because I make him happy even "when skies are grey". I know, it makes you want to puke, right? I LOVE IT. 

Well, right after we got engaged he randomly brought me this potted plant of some kind of mini daises. He bought it because the name on the card was "Sunshine". He was so adorable when presenting it to me, explaining why he bought them and why they reminded him of me.  Ok, so, it's not like I didn't appreciate the gift he gave me. I love flowers just as much as the next girl, but a whole potted plant? I have the blackest thumb in the world!! Try as I may, I have killed every plant I have ever had. True Story.

So, we fast forward about 3 weeks and he sees my poor potted "Sunshine" flowers dead on the back porch. Talk about an akward conversation. I felt like I was in the movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. You know the scene. The one where Kate Hudson's character is yelling at Matthew McConaughey's character for killing their "love fern". Wow. But he still married me. It was a close one. ;)

So, in honor of Sun-Earth Day, and my hubby's long dead "Sunshine" flowers, I have put together an inspiration board. Let me know what you think!

Photo credits from top left going down: thesweetestoccasion.com, images.marthastewart.com, moderngitlsinvitations.com, realistic wedding.wordpress.com, flowersbyma.com, The Gilded Bee shop at ETSY



No comments:

Post a Comment