Monday, March 12, 2012

National Bubble Week

photo by Arshad Cini at DesignBeep found here


Did you know March 11-17, 2012 is National Bubble Week? Since I like to recognize random holidays and love a good reason to celebrate anything, this post is about how we are celebrating this national event. First, a few fun facts from a comic strip I found at Riverfront Times found here and below:




So, this morning I thought it would be fun to let the girls play with bubbles. I was planning on making my own with this recipe from One Charming Party here, but I ran out of time and realized I didn't have any Dawn dish soap. Apparently I buy Ajax. Honestly, I never realized what brand I buy. I usually just pick the scent that appeals to me at the moment! Perhaps we'll try the homemade bubbles tomorrow. After all, it is National Bubble Week

So, instead, we went to the field beside our house and we played with these Crayola Colored Bubble (see here). I have to tell you, I am not a big fan of them. C got them for her birthday last year, and they are terrible! The bubbles come out together in one big blob, there is so much dye in them that the colors are really dark, and even though they are washable, beware of getting it on un-washable surfaces. Some accidentally dripped on the girls shoes and it wouldn't come out! I tried using a baby wipe, plain water, you name it. Their shoes will forever have green and orange spots on them. UGH. I guess it was my fault. I should have let them play barefoot or in their flip flops since it did wash off their skin pretty easily... Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along. They might be fun for your kids if you don't mind cleaning up a huge mess. 

Hope you all have a fun week whether you celebrate with bubbles or not. Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment