Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Homemade Pasta!

So, my hubby has been craving spaghetti and meatballs. We went out to a restaurant for his birthday last week and he wanted to order spaghetti and meatballs, but thought he should get something we normally don't eat at home, so he got steak shish kabobs instead. Honestly, its funny that was his reasoning because we don't really eat much pasta around here. I had gestational diabetes with my youngest and so I try to limit the carbs. I don't want to get diabetes later in life if I can prevent it. Not to mention I try to avoid tomato sauce because it gives me nasty heartburn. We're more likely to eat the kabobs, really. But anyway...

We'd been talking about making our own pasta for a few days. We got a pasta maker as a wedding gift, and we've only used it once in five years. Yesterday I did it! I made my own pasta! Ok, so it was fettuccine and meatballs, but the only difference as far as I'm concerned is the size of the noodles. I'm really proud of myself. It turned out really well, and tasted so yummy! Of course we had homemade spaghetti sauce and my hubby made homemade meatballs. Top that with a side of veggies, and it was one delish dinner! Even my girls were asking for seconds! And the heartburn was worth it. :)

pasta without sauce

pasta with sauce and meatballs

Now I'm off to buy my oldest some new pants. How did I miss that all her pants don't fit? I thought she was just silly always wanting to wear her little sister's stretchy pants. Apparently her pants were all too tight all along! Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I don't think I'll ever make my own pasta, but my hubby loves it when I make homemade sauce.

    ReplyDelete