Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Creativity


I wanted to try something new for our shop. I feel like I've been in a bit of a rut. Sales are way down. My ideas are slow coming. I had this idea a few days ago to try embossing. Like old school stamp, sprinkle powder, heat. I bought the supplies yesterday morning and I was like a kid in a candy store. I could hardly wait for the girls to take naps so I could try out my new stuff. I did it! See the pics below for my fabulous creations. :)

This set of 4 Easter cards are seriously cute! The design features a butterfly embossed in gold and a chick with a  partial flower border. Both designs were hand-stamped and then hand-embossed in gold. Design is on crisp white die cut card stock with rounded edges. Each card measures 4x6 when folded. Comes with crisp white envelopes. These cards are on sale now! Click here for more information.

Each card was hand-stamped in colored ink and hand-embossed in shimmery embossing powder. Heat was applied to make a raised embossed texture. 3 of the 5 cards are purple inked underneath and 2 cards are pink inked. The colored ink gives a subtle and beautiful undertone to the embossing. Cards read "thanks you're sweet" in a simple print font in the lower right corner. For sale info click here.


These are my favorites! These cards are a perfect way to say thank you. The design features the wording "Thanks for everything" with a 2 flower design on the left side of the message. The entire design is horizontally placed in the bottom right corner. Each card was first hand-stamped, then heat embossed in gold to create a smooth raised texture. Each card is bright white die cut card stock with rounded edges. Each card measures 4 x 6 and comes with bright white envelopes. For sale info click here.



I really enjoyed making these cards! I'm excited to try new designs and more colors of embossing powder. I also found this really cool store online that will take my designs and make them into stamps. Talk about complete custom design. I'm so excited and I'm just getting started. What is something creative you've done recently? Let us know!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment