Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Absolutely Incredible Kid Day

I'm posting this early because there is a craft included!


In my grand tradition of celebrating random holidays, Friday March 16, 2012 is Absolutely Incredible Kids Day. Originally created by Camp Fire USA and quoting from their website "In 1997 Camp Fire and the nation celebrate the first-ever Absolutely Incredible Kid Day® -- a call to action for all adults to communicate through letters their love and commitment to children on the third Thursday of each March." So, in honor of this day, I wanted to share 2 things. 


First, a friend posted this link on Facebook, and I couldn't help but to share. It's an article written by Michael Mitchell on his blog lifetoheryears.com. He's a Dad blogger who writes about his unique experience raising a daughter and trying to be the best husband and father he can. It's pretty inspiring actually. If you haven't checked it out, you should! 


Since my husband and I are raising 2 incredible girls, I was very touched by his article. I'm a religious person. I believe that God has given us the exact experiences we need in our lives to become the people He needs us to be. This path is not easy. For some of us, we never experience the joy of marriage or parenthood. Some of us struggle with addiction or loss of children or other family members. No matter our lot in life, God knows us, and loves us. Some days I feel like I'm the worst Mom in the world (see my post about my 3 year-old's pants being too small!) But most of the time I KNOW I'm the luckiest Mom in the world to be blessed with the exact children I need to make me into who Heavenly Father needs me to be. For that I'm grateful. I'm grateful for a wonderful partner who tries his best to be the kind of daddy this article describes. I was literally brought to tears while reading it.


And that leads me to my second item. I know not all of my readers have children. So, I have designated an addendum to Friday's holiday. I dub it "Absolutely Incredible Person Day" as well. I think there is something to be said for all the wonderful people we have in our lives who have helped shape us into who we are. 


Camp Fire USA suggests writing a letter to your child(ren) today telling them why they are incredible. Why not write a letter to the person who has inspired you recently? To aid us in our activity, I have a freebie!  I usually try to do downloadable freebies on the first day of every month, but seeing as this was something that really resonates with me, I thought I'd add a freebie today. It's an 8.5 x 11 stationary page for you to write a letter to your child(ren) or to someone who inspires you.  




As always, to get this, simply click on the image. Then right click and save as wherever you'd like. Print on regular 8.5 x 11 paper. Then write your letter telling the child/person why they are incredible. Or for a sweet momento for your child, print on card stock and then frame it. Hang it up in their bedroom so they can see often just why they are incredible! 

Please don't forget to check out our other designs at E Hernandez Designs shop. Happy Wednesday!

(Please note, the adorable people silhouettes are courtesy vectorlady.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment