Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wedding Cupcakes

I first got hooked on the shows on the Food Network when I was on bed rest with my first daughter (it was a VERY long 8 weeks!), and now I am watching the new generation of shows like Cupcake Wars. The other night, after putting the kiddos to bed, I was watching a few of the episodes I had on the DVR. On one particular episode, the winners were vying for an opportunity to showcase their cupcakes at a Mindy Weiss event along with a $10,000 cash prize. Well, I saw the cutest wedding cupcakes which inspired this post. See this winning Raspberry Cupcake with Champagne Buttercream Frosting from the show:

I liked this cupcake because I thought it was very cute. If you prefer not to have a cupcake with alcohol in the recipe you can just use champagne flavoring as the recipe states. I don't drink alcohol, so I would modify the recipe for sure. (Click on the name link above to see the recipe)


Since I was so inspired by the cute decorations, I had to search for some more ideas. Below are a few more wedding cupcakes I found and loved. These are from Martha Stewart Weddings:

Three-Tier Wedding Cupcake

Monogram Cupcakes
These cupcakes below are from Cupcake Project. It's an awesome blog devoted entirely to cupcakes. If you haven't seen this blog, go check it out. I LOVE!

Cherry Cola & Pina Colada Cupcakes


So, the moral of this blog post is that having cupcakes at a wedding instead of cake is such a sweet idea! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment