Thursday, February 9, 2012

Modest, Beautiful Style

Today I was sitting at my desk checking my email when an article on Yahoo caught my eye. It's time for  New York Fashion week again. The article got me thinking about my personal style. I am very modest and conservative when it comes to style, yet so many of the styles these days are not. I was soon on a quest to discover some styles that are popular and fashionable, but most importantly beautiful.

I have to admit most of my choices come from The Dutchess of Cambridge. I know it's a little cliche' since she isn't really a fashion icon, but I can't help but to love her charming sense of elegance and sophistication. I'm not saying she has always had great fashion sense (see here), but since she's become the Dutchess she seems to shine. Of course it may have something to do with being groomed for royalty. In any case, I'm a big fan. Here are a few of my favorites:


Photo from Marie Claire's Kate Middleton Style Highs and Lows 



Who can forget the beautiful Reiss dress the Dutchess wore to meet with President and First Lady Obama? The dress sold out and crashed the designer's server almost instantly. 

Good news!!! Banana Republic (one of my favorite stores!) is now selling a replica version of The Dutchess of Cambridge's dress. See it here!

Another dress that I saw that I thought was simple yet gorgeous was this white dress worn by Katharine McPhee from Valentino's Spring Collection:

This was at the 2012 NFL Honors in Indianapolis on Feb. 4th.  



This search gave me affirmation that you can look beautiful and still have your own style. It also showed me that I badly need to update my wardrobe. Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment