Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fabulous (and easy!) Pillows

About a year ago a pillow from our couch went missing. It was driving me nuts that I couldn't seem to find it. So I went about getting the "ingredients" I needed to make some new pillows. Well, in the subsequent few weeks, my husband got laid off, we had to put all of our belongings in storage and stay with our in-laws for a few months.  (Don't worry, hubby got a new job within 4 months and we were happily in our own place again. We were VERY blessed).


So, to make a long story short, the pillows never got made. I found them in my closet the other day and decided to make them. And since they turned out so cute, I'm going to share!

Finished pillows

I used fabric sample squares (17 3/4"x 17 3/4") and a 16" x 16" polyester pillow form for the "stuffing".


Supplies


I sewed the front and back together with a 1/4" seam, only leaving one side open so I could put the "stuffing" inside.

Pillow with 3 sides sewed

After the "stuffing" was inside, I sewed the remaining edge using the 1/4 seam. You could also put a zipper in if you were using machine washable fabric. The samples I bought were not machine washable, so I just skipped that step. 

The sample fabric squares were only $2 each at Joann's Fabric, and the "stuffing" was about $6 each. I already had the thread. So all in all, these pillows were only about $10 each and only took about 30 minutes to make. Talk about a steal! 

What have you made recently? Email us at ehernandezdesigns@gmail.com and we'll post our favorites! 



No comments:

Post a Comment